eBay Inc., is a global commerce company. The NASDAQ: EBAY company’s technologies and services are buyer’s choice and relevant inventory. It is enabled sellers worldwide to offer their inventory for sale, virtually anytime and anywhere. Its multi-screen approach is offering downloadable, applications for the iPhone operating system (iOS) and Android mobile devices that allow access to some of its websites, and vertical shopping experiences. The Company’s platforms are one of the traditional online experience, mobile devices, and application programming interfaces (APIs). Its segments include Marketplace and Classifieds. Marketplace includes its online marketplace, its localized counterparts, and the eBay suite of the mobile application. Classifieds are including a collection of brands such as Mobile.de, Kijiji, Gumtree, Marktplaats, and eBay Kleinanzeigen.
Global Presence Of Managed Payments
- eBayNASDAQ: EBAY is making every effort to bolster its Marketplace platform on the back of its expanding managed payments offerings.
- Its latest intention of rolling out more options for its managed payments offerings to France, Italy, and Spain in first-quarter 2021 is a testament to the same.
- eBay strives to deliver enhanced buying and selling experience to customers and sellers in these countries on the back of its latest move.
- The company plans to introduce Apple Pay and Google Pay as payment options in addition to PayPal and credit card options, which are already available in these countries.
- While Apple Pay will be made available on iPhone and iPad devices, Google Pay will be accessible on the eBay Android app and the company’s site.
Solid Managed Payments Momentum
- eBay is currently riding on the strong momentum across managed payments offerings.
According to the second-quarter 2020 earnings release, managed payments offerings have processed $4.7 billion of gross merchandise volume (GMV) for around 42,000 sellers since its launch.
- The latest move bodes well for the company growing initiatives toward strengthening managed payments offerings portfolio. Also, it is in sync with eBay’s deepening focus toward scaling managed payments globally.
Marketplace & Top-Line Growth
- Managed payments are expected to contribute well to the performance of the company’s Marketplace platform, which remains a key catalyst.
- eBay is benefiting from solid Marketplace growth on the back of accelerating GMV, which has been gaining from robust managed payments offerings.
- Reportedly, managed payments offerings are expected to generate revenues and operating income worth $2 billion and $500 million, respectively, in 2022. This remains noteworthy.
You can check more stocks like NYSE: GS before stock trading.
Disclaimer: The analysis information is for reference only and does not constitute an investment recommendation.